Okay, so it’s a new year and time to roll out a new resolution(s) that we may or may not keep. Sometimes, instead of a resolution, I like to use the new year as a time to reflect on the previous year and all the great things that happened in the year. It’s so easy to forget and move on to the next year hoping and wishing for something different. If we really take the time to reflect on the prior year, I bet there would be great wishes and hopes achieved that we already forgot about. So, here’s to the great things we accomplished in 2016.
- Bloomers donated over $10,000 in new bras to The Bra Recyclers in 2016.
- We donated over $2000 to dog rescues. My beloved rescue (Obee) is the love of my life and am so grateful to have him in our lives. I can’t help tell him every day how much we love him.
- Bloomers was nominated for a fourth time by our peers in the intimate apparel industry as the Best of Intima! While we haven’t won yet (yet!), we are honored to be recognized as a best in class.
- We held 2 bra drives in 2016 and collected nearly 1000 bras for The Bra Recyclers. Woohoo to our customers for supporting this great cause! Looking forward to many more bra drives. The next bra drives will be in May and October.
- Bloomers gave out over 300 doggie treats to the most adorable doggie trick or treat participants we’d ever seen. What amazing creations of the dog’s owners!
- We said good bye to Bloomers’ employees Shauntelle, who left to join the Army, Shawna, who moved with her husband to his next Army assignment, and Kelsey. And, we welcomed new employee, Fatima, who brought her expertise from a competitor to us.
- Bloomers employee and HS senior, Juliana, found out she was accepted into her dream school, Vassar College. We are so proud of her!
- We welcomed some of my favorite new businesses to Old Town – Barre 3 and Pilates ProWorks. Be sure to check them out.
Thank You for a Great 2016! Looking Forward to an Awesome 2017!